At Maternal Fetal Medicine of West Florida, we work with the patient’s primary OB/GYN and the following services to optimize the best outcomes for mother and baby.
Conditions Treated/Procedures Performed:
- Pregnancy Complications
- Prenatal Diagnosis
- Comprehensive Fetal Ultrasound
- Cervical Cerclage
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Older mothers (advanced maternal age, 35 & up)
- Abnormal prenatal screening tests
What is a high-risk pregnancy?
A pregnancy may be considered high-risk if you and/or your baby have an increased chance of a health problem or medical complications. If you are an expecting mom and have concerns about carrying your fetus to term or have other potential risks associated with your pregnancy, your OB/GYN may refer you to our Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) Physician. MFM is specialized medical care for mothers facing high-risk pregnancies.
Maternal Fetal Medicine physicians provide:
- An assessment of conditions that may compromise a pregnancy
- Diagnosis and treatment of pregnancy-related complications affecting the mother, the baby or both
- Management of pre-existing conditions which may be complicated by pregnancy
- Follow-up care to make sure you and your baby are recovering and doing well